Chickpea, Potato and Spinach Curry
• 1 medium brown onion
• 1 bunch coriander
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tsps. Keens curry powder
• ½ tsp ground cumin
• ½ tsp ground turmeric
• 300g potato cut into small evenly sized chunks
• 120g baby spinach leaves (2 cups worth)
• 1 x 425g tinned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
• 1 x 400 g tinned diced tomatoes
• 400mls coconut milk
• 1tbls coconut or olive oil
• Salt and pepper to season
1. To a medium pot, add the coconut or olive oil, coriander stalks and roots (finely diced, leaves reserved for later) and onion and cook until they start to soften. Add the garlic, spices and cook for a few more minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes, coconut milk, chickpeas and potatoes, Stir to combine. Turn down the heat and allow the curry to cook for approx. 50 mins or until the potatoes are soft.
3. Add the spinach, salt & pepper and stir it into the curry until it wilts. Turn off the heat and serve.
4. Serve with your choice of rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice and fresh coriander leaves.
• Add more veggies to the dish to increase your vegetable intake. Cauliflower, kale, green beans, broccoli etc are a great addition.
• You can substitute the potatoes for sweet potatoes or add them as well!
• Great for leftovers too.